Resilience: Overcoming Difficult Times with Compassion, Clarity, and Courage sion, clarity, and courage
November 11 @ 4:00 pm - November 13 @ 5:00 pm
With Linda Graham
Whether they are everyday disappointments or extraordinary disasters. Although resilience is inherent in us, unfavorable patterns develop in the course of our lives, which become lodged in the neural circuitry of our brain and make us susceptible to stress, fears and worries. New scientific findings now show that what once seemed hard-wired can be rewired.
Whether it’s dealing with minor irritations or dealing with real catastrophes, this 3-part November webinar series takes you step-by-step through a process of strengthening the tools and skills you need to recover from stress and trauma and learn and grow from every kind of adversity.
The series draws on the evidence-based tools of psychotherapy, informed by modern neuroscience and practices of mindfulness and self-compassion to show you how you can learn new coping strategies and move into thriving and flourishing.
What you will learn
- Integrate practices of Western psychology and the Buddhist wisdom tradition to deepen self-compassion and empathy and in this way connect with the inner resources that enable well-being and allow us to flourish
- Breath, touch, movement and visualization tools to reduce the effects of stress and trauma on the body and brain and restore steady inner peace and calm.
- Exercises to cultivate the positive emotions – kindness, compassion, gratitude, joy, awe, serenity that counteract the brain’s innate negativity.
- Deepening practices that increase self-awareness and self-acceptance.
- To connect in relationships that are healthy and nurturing.
- Mindfulness practices that alter habitual responses to troubling events and negative self-talk so that you can identify options and make wise decisions.
- Through cultivating a resilience mindset, you will learn to recognize new opportunities and make wise decisions that will lead to authentic self-confidence and meaningful work and life orientation